Friday 24 October 2014

BRIEF 01: MOCK PRINT

With one of my layouts already experimented with I decided to mock print this design for the upcoming crit to get some feedback on how I could further my design. I decided to cheaply reproduced the design just printing it out in black and white and using a staple bind method. 










A lot of my time so far on this brief has been focused on gathering research on the content and layout designs, so I think it will be beneficial for me to see what other people could consider on how I make it look more refined.


Crit Comments
  • Possibly expand target audience.
  • Fold out map — A3. Possibly include velcro pads so it can be using in and out of the book.
  • Consider showing the currency for each country
  • For your layout designs consider using the countries culture and applying that to your designs
  • Change the main attraction from Bondi beach to Barrier reef
  • Put the images in colour
  • A6 size like a passport
  • Possibly change Cancun to a different country
  • Hard back biding or biding that is durable, consider a laminated cover
  • Apercu font looks more aesthetically pleasing.

Action Plan

I found these comments really useful in helping me develop my ideas and the design of my publication. Below is an action plan of things I need to do in order for my designs to progress.
  • Reflect on content.
  • Experiment with different scales.
  • Experiment further with other layout designs and image colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment