Wednesday 4 March 2015

BRIEF 15: ARTIST POSTER

Today, I was speaking to Lisa about a potential poster design for one of the artists feature in her magazine, 'Jaded'. I was put into contact with Marcus Songs who then gave me some information about himself and what he wanted. I spoke to Lisa through Facebook as this was her main platform to talk on with the magazine information being on a Facebook page. Below is a transcript of what was needed from the brief

Contact

Lisa
Hey guys, just wanted to discuss the music poster for Marcus and I thought it would be easier if we could all do it on this convo. To introduce you both, Marcus is a student at LCM who I have been helping with promo shots. J'nae is the graphic designer who is interested in helping out with some design work like posters/ album covers that can be put into the magazine. It would be great if you two could chat about different ideas and of course I will provide the photography for the artwork. The link for them is on the 'Jaded magazine' group. I will tweak a few of them again because my colours on my laptop are seriously out of whack.

Marcus:
ive been trawling the internet for inspiration; im personally not very picky but i essentially just need some 'marcussongs' text overlaying perhaps with a music note in there somewhere; maybe some song titles... 'like that' , 'don't look now' available now; itunes logo etc. Maybe something that's like on a fake polaroid print, Maybe a landscape one with social media information and the twitter, youtube, facebook and instagram logos.

After getting some brief ideas, I then decided to re-write the brief as a guideline for myself to ensure that I could work to some requirements and to plan my design and time effectively. I was also sent over some artwork to work with for the brief i the form of photography of the artist.

Brief


Overview

By writing out the brief and setting my own personal deadline, I think that this brief can be done in a quick and efficient way. With have two client for the brief I will be able to receive a lot of feedback and this will also help with the development of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment