Friday 13 March 2015

BRIEF 15: EVALUATION

Overview

Overall this brief was a nice and simple brief with a quick turn around. expanding my clientele in the music industry is something I am continually doing this year and it something I am throughly enjoying which is something that will be beneficial for my future.


What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

The skills I have developed through this module is working with two different clients at once, trying to comply with two people tastes and styles. This was something I thought initially would be really hard, but through consistent communication, this brief was a success and both parties where happy.


What approaches / methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

The approaches to design production for this brief was working with Photoshop actions to create a vintage polaroid style for the poster, this is something I have never really used before, in regards to actions and by exploring this it allowed me to create the design a lot more quicker and will be something I will look into further to help allow my design process quicker.


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

The strengths I can identify in my work is working with type and image, from all my brief this is something I excel in and feel confident to tackle any brief that includes these features. 

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

The weaknesses in this brief was that I felt that I could developed the poster designs a lot more further, but with the client being happy with my initial ideas it didn't need to be pushed further. However in doing poster brief in future I can prevent this weakness by spending time on creating more thumbnail designs and researching into more typography to help further my artwork.

Identify things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

I would spend more time developing outcomes for my posters, to ensure that I have experimented with all my potential outcomes so that I can ensure that I have pushed the brief the furtherest. 

Finally I would of liked to expand the brief and work more with Jaded magazine, however the opportunity I had was a step in the right direction and now I have the connections and clients to collaborate with in the future. I also would of liked this brief to paid, however sometimes getting your work featured is an important way to allow people to recognise you as a designer and to gain more clients and interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment