Wednesday 1 April 2015

BRIEF 01: PHOTOSHOOT

For the proposed final imagery of Orbit I experimented with a range of natural and travel orientated backgrounds so synthesis with the content of the publication and not to distract away from the content of the publication.







Out of all the backgrounds I felt the chip board worked the best, as it was natural but also created a more exciting visual backdrop compared to the flat pieces of card. Although this has been used a lot in some of the graphic design work this year, it really did work best with the style of the publication and it's visual aesthetic.



Proposed Final Imagery

Due to the publication being perfect bound I needed someone to hold open the pages to view the content. So I asked my favourite hand model, Sam Cook to assist me on the shoot (cheers bud). This allowed the imagery to have more of a personalised feel and look like the audience was already being involved with the content of the publication.





Props

Taking into my art directorial skills I created and collected a range of props to ad visual depth to imagery, from a hip flask compass, polaroid camera, a logo installation and map.








 Overview

Overall the images from the shoot were a big success and including alternative props really added to the publication and the context of travelling. My next step is to apply them to my website and portfolio and choose images that work within these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment