This workshop was lead by Tony Broomhead who is apart of OS31 a design and architecture agency in Sheffield. For the workshop myself and 6 other students had put their names forward to partake in his workshop. Tony presented some of the work that his agency do and the work was amazing! definitely something I am interested in, in regards to art direction and curation.
During his presentation I noted some key points about the agency and him.
- OS31 is based in Sheffield (this is where he works alongside two others)
- Teaches at Sheffield University
- He created a restaurant on ice which is currently being build and will be open in January in Canada
- He has also worked on a building which has a projection on the side and is operated by people's text messages
- Worked on Leeds Light Night a couple of years ago
- Manchester pop up installation
- Children's play area design - When the cushions are placed in the correct sequence this triggers a movie to start playing
- They have also done a lot of work in Holbeck - Holbeck Urban Village
- Designed a pop up park for 6 months and 6 years later it is still there
- Inside the Marshall Mill at Holbeck Urban Village, they designed a tree for life - It has a framework to put plants on
- Tony also mentioned that he always creates paper mock ups before starting any project - This made my eyes light up as this is what I love to do!