Wednesday 10 December 2014

BRIEF 11: WORKSHOP

After being selected to do the workshop, I was really happy to be invited along to work with Ian and to see what challenge he had for us.



Brief 02

Make something pointless for an hour, document it and present it. A learning opportunity workshop. Key thing it to show how pointless you task was. 

Presentation

Clear, concise, thinking what you present should be as good as what your making. 
What you present should be as good as what your making.
Think outside the box.
Know your enemy — the client
Tell a story and developing some narrative.
Always ask yourself why?!
What does the client really want
Creating trust with client.

Challenging ideas, 5 minuets long

1. Documentation
2. Pointless
3. Presentation

Most important if you can't present your work theres no point, It increases its importance. This is what it does and how it got there. People are not always going to wait for the punchline

Overview


Unfortunately during the session and for the past few days I had shingles, although I wanted to do the brief, I felt really ill and couldn't continue with the next few sessions. With missing the session I felt that I couldn't continue working on this workshop and was disappointed, also I chose to discontinue this workshop due to the amount of other work I had to do in regards to my dissertation. Although it wasn't the outcome i'd hoped, I am happy that I was selected for the workshop and had a little time to sit and talk with Ian.

No comments:

Post a Comment