Saturday 28 February 2015

BRIEF 04: ADJUSTMENTS

From the clients feedback the main adjustments were with the colour, so he wanted something bright, bold and deep. Also from the visual references Tyron sent over there was a lot of iridescent tones, gradients and spill colours. So I decided to experiment with a range of techniques to achieve this.


Block Colour








I experimented with some bold primary colours and deep shades for my first set of variations, I decided to work with block colours initially because the logo is quite decorative so I wanted to consider other options so that a pattern or gradient wouldn't take away from the design.



Colour Text




hue: -180
saturation: +65


hue: -33
saturation: +65


hue: +139
saturation: +75


hue: -62
saturation: +75


From the first set of variations I showed Tyron, he really liked the gradient colours within the logo, but on the white background it took away from the rich colour. So with these developments I decided to use a black background and experiment with the hue and saturation of the gradient.


Spill Colour Background









For the spill colour designs I created gradients and used the liquidify tool and the blur tool to create this effect in Photoshop. I think with background more blurred it works better because it doesn't over power the logo.




Gradient Background






Lastly I experimented with a few gradients, use tonal and bright colours and white text to stand out.


Overview

Overall I think I created a range of different ways that colour could be used in regards to Tyron's visual style and requirements. Next I will send over some variations to hime for more feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment