Saturday 28 February 2015

BRIEF 06: ENVIROMENT INSTALATION DEVELOPMENTS

With my research done, I now had the task of trying to create some of the designs I had seen. Mocking up is really not one of my strong points, but with most of the roles already allocated I think this will be a learning curve for myself as it's something I haven't really done before aside from mocking up the usual poster designs.

Neon

From my research into environment design, I thought it would be a good idea to incorporate some neon lit signage to be put across the city, as an extra alternative to street lights. To create a more modern and artistic aesthetic for capital north.

Logo Wall

Using the finalised logo I followed a tutorial on how to create some neon designs, and chose to create a design that could be placed on the walls in the city centre or outside the train station.























I then decided to experiment with a white version, to match the colours within the brand guidelines. 















Neon Wall Installation

I also tried to incorporate the branded cube patterns into a wall, using images from Manchester city centre, using the same techniques as before.















After trying the first cube, I decided to change the image because it looked slightly dark an not very appealing, which is not what the intention of the brief is.






With the new image, I started to develop the design more by adding the cubes further and further.









After applying a multitude of cubes and the neon effect, the colours started to stray away from the branded colours slightly due to the effects, so I tried an alternative location.





However I still felt like it didn't really fit in with what the design decisions and decider to try something else.


Projections

Another design that the group discussed was potentially creating a projector wall installation. 








After a few developments, I again felt that the image didn't really work well with the other proposed designs. 

After a few experiments of these mock ups, I felt that I should do some more direct designs for the environment and with my skill set I knew that these would be more successful the the alternative ones.

Poster Mock Ups








Digital gif poster




Hanging



Window Mock ups







Overview

After creating a selection of mock ups I felt my poster mocks ups where more successful that my installation mock ups, although they were not selected for the group project I was happy that I had a go and experimented out of my comfort zone. I know this is a weakness of mine, but with more time and tutorials I feel like it's something I can capitalise on in the future and in my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment