Monday 23 March 2015

BREIF 04: EVALUATION

Overview

I really enjoy doing work for clients as it's instant feedback that makes the design process quicker and making their ideas come to reality is something I find quite rewarding as a designer. Although this brief had the potential to be bigger I am happy with creating this logo, with the hopes of continuing branding this artist in the future.

What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

For this brief I really experimented with colour and using a multiple tonal range which is something I haven't really used in my work this year. So making something that wasn't really minimal was beneficial in me experimenting with my design style. 
I think using colour can be really difficult but with this brief I think it benefitted the design and reached the clients requirements and is something I can experiment with further in future projects


What approaches / methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

For design production I have developed my visual delivery to clients, I never use to send digital pdfs in a formatted way which I think really enhanced my professional presence. I also think by me doing this the client had a better experience interacting with the work which made brief so much easier to do.

Although I am not the best at drawing I think it's always beneficial to draw out type before experimenting with it digitally. I usually start brief with drawing out logo designs I think this method in design product allows me to consider the way type can be displayed effectively and legibly.


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

Without me networking and contacting Leeds College of Music, I wouldn't have obtained this brief. So I think a strength of mine is being able to make connections with institutions to find work within my field of interest which is music.

I think I am continuing to build upon my strength of using type effectively, through it's arrangement and combining font's that work well together.

I will capitalise on these strengths by continuing to make connections and networking. Experimenting and taking on more branding briefs to improve my type and logo designs. 



What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I think a weakness in my work is time management, I've been working on this brief on and off and although I didn't receive any complaints from the client. I felt I could have produced it in a quicker time from when the brief was first discussed. I think this is just a person weakness that I identify with myself and I will address it by being more efficient with my work process.

Also I would have liked to produce more than a logo for this brief as I don't consider it to be really a substantial brief and although asking the client if I could do anything else, they didn't need anything. Although I could have extended the brief on my own, I had to consider the other projects I have on and if it would be beneficial. So in addressing this problem, I think by maintaining a good business relationship with the client it will allow me to be their go - to designer for future projects which will be really good for my practice.


Identify things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

Suggest more outcomes for a brief if I think it will benefit the client, so that I can create outcomes that will benefit my portfolio and practice. Aside from that I have really enjoyed this brief and will look forward to continuing working in this field of design.

No comments:

Post a Comment