Monday, 30 March 2015

BRIEF 01: FINAL PRINT

After rectifications I printed my final publication in the print room using matt stock so the imagery would not be compromised this time and with the advice of James from the print room, I used a thicker matt stock for the cover so it would be convenient for perfect binding and easy to fold.




I cut out all the pages as single sheets as well as the postcards for the final production of the publication.




I re-printed the Orbit cover due to the back content not being explicit enough on what the publication was about and also because I decided to extend the brief to have an app also.


Binding

For binding I went back to vernon street in the drop in sessions and bound the book following the same steps in the workshop.  (I lost the documentation of this process unfortunately)

Overview

The final print and binding of the publication was really successful, due to the mock prints and informing my practice by going to workshops, I was able to create the publication I had envisioned and I am really happy with the outcome.

The only thing I would of liked to have achieved with this publication was an interactional map which if I had enough time to complete would have been a really unique and interesting feature compared to what is already out there in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment