Friday 17 April 2015

RESEARCH METHODOLOGY: M.U.S.I.C

From my research throughout my projects and my field of interest, I realised that I go through a process of creating.

My Forms Of Research


  1. I always start my brief by researching the context of the brief through reading up about the subject.
  2. I then brain storm ideas and create or define a concept that allows my outcomes to link or have a meaning to something.
  3. I then look into visual research or speak to professional to gain inspiration or influence on how I can further the process
  4. Finally I start to produce outcomes that are influenced by the following steps.

With my field of interest in music I decided to try and create a name that would fit in with the name of the methodology.


Names

Design For Music
10 Things You Should Know About Music

the beat, the rhythm, the design

M.U.S.I.C 
- Methodology . Understanding . Substance . Inspiration . Create. 
Note - Name links to music notes and notes on music


From the names I decided to choose M.U.S.I.C as I felt this best fit the methodology and my interests. 

Other

Aside from this process I also collect art work in the form of posters, flyers, vinyl and other printed material that informs my practice which I can implement into my design publication.












Overview

I feel that by reflecting on my process I have found a more true to way of my methodology that has always been in my practice but needed refined. I will now focus on ways that I can implement this in a design and publication

No comments:

Post a Comment