Monday 20 April 2015

BRIEF 03: LOGO DEVELOPMENT

Thumbnail



Digital

From my hand render designs I started to develop the design digitally. I experimented heavily with manipulating the letter 'O' into a crescent moon shape and the sun connecting to subtle reinforce the brands name and meaning. I also used thin and san serif fonts which I have seen be used heavily in bohemian jewellery branding.







After some more development on other arts of the brief Roxxie had created our signature crescent to use in our branding. So I decided to experiment with the crescent further within the typography.









From my developments I then selected a few of the best designs that I had created and prepared another document to send to Roxxie for feedback.




I then received some feedback and Roxxie suggested that I could experiment with making the type and softer and exclude letterforms with sharp ends. As well as working with some serif typefaces.

With this feedback I then developed more outcomes experimenting with fonts and weights to execute the design which is detailed in the PDF below.




After showing Roxxie these developments we then decided to combined two of our ideas as they were very similar but needed elements from each one to make it complete.


Final




Roxxie then completed the rest of the logo, this logo is much more appropriate for distribution on different materials such as vinyl and I am really pleased with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment