Monday 4 May 2015

BRIEF 01: EVALUATION

Overview

The process of creating a travel publication was a challenging experience to gather all the content, to ensure that it was all correct and relying on secondary sources. However in doing this I am now informed on the different countries, languages and sights which is essential for my personal practice and future career goals.


What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

The skills I have obtained is my research skills into a focused area, in this case it being travel and tourism. This allowed my content to be varied and cater to a student lead audience through visits and taking to professionals in the field.


What approaches / methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?


The approaches I have obtained is the form of book binding this is something I do’t usually do so obtaining a skill in perfected biding is beneficial for future editorial aspirations.


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

Working with type, image and editorial is strength within my practice and I can inform this process but experimenting with different contexts and topics to visually represent these skills.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

The weaknesses of the brief was that it could of been extended a lot further as a brand. From the crits I was advised to create an app design which would have been great for the target audience, however due to time restrictions and other briefs I had neglected this area of the brief that I could have extended. With it also being about travel I could have extend the brand into a travel kit.

For the future of this brief I will continue to expand the brief in my own time for my portfolio and work on building the Orbit publications and brand further.

Identify things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?


I will provide enough time generate more outcomes to expand the brief, so the audience have more than one outlet to connect to the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment