Friday 31 October 2014

BRIEF 01: LOGO DEVELOPMENT

Following my recent crit, from the comments I felt I needed to develop me logo a little further. Out of my original designs some of the group preferred the bold font, so I decided to experiment with this further.







One of the comments from the crit was that the arrow above the O needed adjusting because it looked like a sex symbol. So with this in mind I experimented with the shape further making it look more like a navigation Icon. Out of all the variations I felt the top and the bottom variations were the most successful as they resembled this the most. Also I developed secondary logo that could go on stationary or any other branded material that I might need.


Alternative Fonts 

Some other people suggested that I should look further into more typefaces that were of a lighter weight due to legibility. Below are some examples of fonts that I thought would look appealing to my design.






Open sans



Sintony




Perspective sans




Monseratt





Arimo

From the fonts I decided to experiment further with 'Montseratt' and 'Perspective Sans' as I felt the O letter forms were the most attractive and fit in with the ecliptic theme. Also they were high legible.



Development


For the 'Montserrat' logo variations I again focused on creating primary and secondary logos. Combining both image and type.

The 'Montserrat' typeface has a range of different weight which was really beneficial in the development of the logo as I could see how it would look in different sizes. Out of all the designs I felt the bottom design worked the best and was more legible than the original font.

Again, I followed  the same process for the 'Perspective Sans' logo variations.


This typeface again had a variation of weights, however the structure of the o letterform changes depending on weight. Out of all the designs I felt that the middle design was most successful. 


Final Design

I presented my designs to some of my peers and out of all the designs they felt this one best replicated my idea for travel. 


After refining my logo head I also feel that this was the strongest design and I am pleased with my primary and secondary logo. Creating these two logos will allow me to apply it to range of products.

No comments:

Post a Comment