Sunday 5 October 2014

BRIEF 01: LOGO RESEARCH

For my logo design, I decided to research into some excising logo's that experimented both with a primary and secondary logo and were created within or included a circle / letter o, due to the publication being called Orbit.





I like the logo uses two different weights which creates versatility for where it can be applied on whatever the branding may need.




The detail within the 'O' shape looks like co-ordinates which would be really relevant for a publication about travel. This is something I could definitely consider, and work well not only visually but contextually.




I liked how the letter O is exaggerated through making it longer, it gives emphasis to the letterform.




The primary and secondary logo work really well together and cleverly combines the M and the A to create an alternative shape.







This logos have a real contemporary feel to it and is really clean and minimal, the circle and lettering also resemble a stamp which would be something to consider as I am creating a travel book.




A simple vector design with the letter 'O' which creates a globe on a axis, is simplistic but really clever.




Although this design is more science orientated I really like the loops around the type that create movements and like the typography is being orbited around.






I like the way in which the 'O' is manipulated by being put up higher within this design to make it stand out within the logo.





Another thing I could consider is also introducing other symbols that relate to travel, for example this is a simple navigation icon that could potentially work with the letter 'O'.


Overview

From my research into theses designs, theres a underlying theme of san serif and geometric style design. I think theses styles fit in with my target audience and tone and will look into experimenting with designs like these. I definitely want to create a design that highlights the letter 'o' but also works well within the name of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment