Thursday 6 November 2014

BRIEF 01: MOCK PRINT — 02

From my initial mock print and development stage, I then decided to move forward with testing out another print with some different stocks. I chose to print of water colour for a tactile quality to the pages and  and mount board for the cover for durability.

The following pictures document the process of the pages being cut to size and the book being assembled.








After assembling the book I went through each page and made notes on what pages needed developing further taking into consideration spelling mistakes and image quality.





Action Plan

From the review on the publication I the created an action plan on what I needed to do next in order for the publication to develop

  • Rectify spelling.
  • Consider alternative stock options.
  • Check resolution on imagery on the stated pages.


Overview

The stock chosen for the development of the book didn't allow the ink from the imagery sit very well and a lot of the image quality was sacrificed because of this. I am really happy that I attempted this print before the final because I can now move forwards with other stock options and ensure that this mistake won't happen again. The next stage is to rectify the mistakes I have sourced and move on with the production of the publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment