Wednesday 14 January 2015

BREIF 07: DEVELOPMENTS

From my research I decided to experiment with the idea of using manipulated type to highlight the tagline. I decided to focus on developing one of my concepts from my initial ideas as there is a time restraints and I want to push the strongest and most realistic design idea the furthest.

Concept - 01

An set of posters that work all together to give the message of voicing your opinion for the national student survey. The concept is that these words are the missing piece in the typography and with students contribution that void can be filled. I started off my designs using Apercu as it's a clean and modern font thats really legible and would engage a student audience. Also I will consider using bold bright colours but for the development stage I will be working in black and white to ensure the typography is strong.







From my typographic layout I felt that it lacked more visual depth.


So then I decided to incorporate the leeds college of art logo and broke it down into just the plain mosaic. Using the mosaic will solidify the campaign and the students will be able to recognise it at engage with it, highlighting it as sense of urgency through this logo. 







However it didn't really work visually, so I decided to experiment with moving the mosaics around and at a different scale.





Again the size of the mosaic didn't really work with the type layout so I decided to experiment with the scale further.






From my developments I think the first set of typographic arrangements and the last set with patterns were the strongest designs. The pattern designs add more visual depth but the typographic designs are clear in what the message says.

Overview

Although I consciously decided to develop one of my ideas, due to time and practicality I have to make this conscious decision if I want to submit this design in on time. On reflection I feel that the logo might be a bit cliche and with the type and bold colours will work effectively on their own, however I will experiment with both.

No comments:

Post a Comment