Friday 27 February 2015

BRIEF 04: COLOUR RESEARCH

This research is focusing on looking into colour pallets and how they can be applied, with reference from the clients imagery.


Client Imagery







The imagery provided uses a lot of iridescent and spill colours, although these images are photographic I think a pattern or gradient could be used with this design.


Gradients + Textures

I decided to research into different coloured gradients and textures for colour inspiration and how they could be created. 

A Colour Book




The colour book has an array of gradients that explore fluid textures and 3D elements that are visually striking and work with the imagery that the client provided but in a more simplistic way.

Gradient Child







Gradient child uses digitally manipulated gradients that create multiple dimensions and glitches shapes, which looks really alternative and fresh, which fits in with Tyron's imagery and overall style. This is another way I could consider incorporating colour into the background and text.

Colourful





Colourful uses more simplistic gradients that would work really well within typography aswell. Due to the type already being quite decorative, I think this style would really suit to the overall visuals of the logo.




Shame wave displays more animated ways of how to use gradients, again using juxtaposing gradients could be something that would work and really stand out.

F A D I E N T





Taking on the clients imagery gradients use a multitude of patterns and colours and for a logo design I think this feature could work possible as a background or working within the text.


Colour Application

I decided to do some further research on how colour could be applied in context, looking at printed and digital material that works with gradients, bold colours and textures as a source of influence.

















Overview

From my research I feel that I have come across a lot of ways I could apply colour to the logo, the main features that stand out to me is using block colours, gradients, coloured patterns. With these colour features identified I will now experiment with applying them further.

No comments:

Post a Comment