Monday 16 February 2015

BRIEF 08: DEVELOPMENTS

From our group meeting and the research I undertook, I decided to create a design from our initial idea of 'Look At Us Now' to present to my group.

Thumbnails





I started by creating some typographic arrangements of how the title could work, focusing on how the look and now could be highlighted within the typography, as well as just bold typography to make it stand out.








I then experimented with visual representations of how progression could be shown and using circles growing could be used in a multitude of way in the campaign through vinyl or die-cut designs in flyers. The endless opportunities that could be done with print finishes is what influenced me to use this in my digital designs.



Digital Developments





For my digital developments I decided to initially design with fonts Adam CG Pro and Eau sans due to them being legible and clean. when experimenting with the proposed shapes in my initial ideas the typographic messages would be visible due to the weight of the headline font.




— Tag Lines



I created a selection of tag lines that would subside against the exhibition name that represented the themes of individuality or linked with the name.


– Type and Shape.





I then created a selection of different circles and colours to divide the courses in the university that could be displayed throughout that section or work as a wayfinding system for visitors.






For the email I felt a gif would be a great idea to show the idea of progression with the circles building up to create the message.


— Proposed Designs









I then created a series of mocks ups of how the design would work in context so the group could get a better visual understanding of how the design worked.


Overview

Although these are just some initial developments, I think using a gif for the email is great idea to show another way the campaign can be displayed. I will now present these to the group and get feedback on how the idea can be pushed further.

No comments:

Post a Comment