Friday 6 March 2015

BREIF 07: EVALUATION

Overview

The NSS & YSS brief was initially something that was to be done for a quick turn around with it being a poster brief. However with the designs I had created I wanted to explore on how I could push the campaign further and experiment with the branding of it, due to wanting to work in this field, which is something I am happy I did.

In doing this I feel like I was able to generate another piece for my portfolio in the field of branding and for a reputable institution. I have enjoyed experimenting with the scope of this brief and seeing how I could push my initial ideas across a range of media.


What skills have you developed through this brief and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

The skills I have acquired through this brief is working with mocking up my work to a professional scale and ensuring that my work transfers consistency across a range of media.


What approaches / methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

The approaches taken for this brief was strictly working digital for the proposed outcomes. I think using mock ups for designs in essential for time efficiency and also can be more beneficial in terms of crafting and consistency. In using these for the majority of the project I will continue to work in this format for the right projects, and in doing this it will allow me to progress in working in this format and my mocks ups will get better in doing this.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think the overall branding concept was a strength in this project, I utilised the colleges style and the concept to create an eye catching and modern design. Branding is something I want to work in so doing projects like these and expanding on them allows me to capitalise on these skills.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

The weaknesses in this brief was possibly not choosing my final design that I extended. I think if I spent more time on considering the interest of the target audience and developing that design like I did for my final boards I could of potentially won the brief.

For the future I need to ask for more feedback on work from staff and peers to get other opinions aside from my own and to push the development of my work.

Identify things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

Get more feedback on work from staff and peers for my development process, in doing this I think it will help me evaluated my work further with some other input and overall benefit the progression of my designs.


No comments:

Post a Comment